Canadian Wildlife Report Guidelines
back to Classroom Novels
During his time in the Canadian Wilderness, Brian encounters many different
wild animals.What does Brian need to know about these animals? Your job is
to research one of these animals to find out.
The Plan :
- Using Inspiration, brainstorm a list of information Brian would need to identify and interact (or not) with the animal.
- Select an animal. Be sure that no one else at your table is researching
the same one.
- black bear
- gray wolf
- snowshoe rabbit
- Bald Eagle
- bob cat
- Canadian lynx
- red fox
- Long-Eared Owl
- river otter
- Research using any of the following resources:
- World Book Encyclopedia--book version in classroom library
- World Book Online Reference Center-- on the lap tops
- Web References from our classroom curriculum links
- Using a table in Pages, take digital notes.
See Example below.
|Site Name and URL
- You will be completing this as a
||Canadian Wildlife Expert (this is you)
||video podcast or business letter
||the wild animal you chose from the list above
||collect, summarize, produce, design, convince
Business Letter Example
Video Podcast Script Example!